i "heart" alvin and the chipmunks

I know it sounds stupid, but they cover all these annoying songs that I don't normally like but somehow those little high-pitched voices make the songs so freaking funny I can't get enough of it. I could buy the soundtrack, I'm that hooked. I know most people my age didn't see the movie, hell, most people didn't see it period, but it was a very nostalgic experience for me. They are just as great as the Alvin, Simon and Theodore I remember from being a kid- except I don't spend the whole movie wondering what kind of freak green ooze enlarged them all to the size of kids. (I wondered that a lot, especially after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hit the scene. It was usually difficult for me to suspend belief about movies and shows. People could trick me into or convince me of anything, but a cartoon, how dare it not be realistic!?) Then I discover, watching the credits to the new movie, actually, that the original, as in very first, as in before I was born, chipmunks were the size of, wait for it...chipmunks. I win! They probably decided to enlarge them to help kids relate to them as characters. This obviously worked, because everyone I've talked to about this new movie is pissed that the "new" chipmunks are natural size. I related to the fact that the lived in a tree house, and what kid doesn't want to live in a tree house? Maybe they couldn't justify the chipmunks living in a tree house if they were tiny enough to sleep in a basket. Oh well, you win some, you loose some.

Comments

Arthur said…
yeah, I dont know about the movie yet but I used to love the chipmunks!!! I used to think they were always the size of actual chipmunks except when I think of it, thay did enlarge them didn't they. that is probably why I related to them so much, your right. I wasn't going to see the movie, but I think I will if it was nastalgic for you, it most likely will be for me as well.
Lizzie said…
um, hello, Sally dear. Why didn't you TELL me you had a blog???

why?

why?

well, i found you anyway. so there. and i read all your posts. and i expect more posts. and you can read my posts too. and then we will be even.

i almost said equal. i don't know why. we are equal. and there is no such thing as even.

stop rambling, here, i, will, now.

love you. welcome to the blogosphere.
David said…
Now that you are a blogger, all your fellow bloggers are going to bug the hell out of you until you blog again... Post something else. you need to. It's your nature to.
David said…
Sarah, you want to post another blog. (insert jedi mind trick here)

Popular posts from this blog

reactions to a novel

akkkkkkkk! the internet is killing me!!!!