Insult

Goal Post #17 Intention: regular HIIT workout

Daily planks and yoga have done wonders for eliminating my back pain and overall muscle tone, but my cardiovascular, bone and joint health could improve if I occasionally did more intense exercise. After all, just saying I'm considering doing more burpees didn't actually translate into more burpees. Additionally, the workout I'm starting includes weight lifting so we're way into uncharted territory now.

Also breaking with routine, I started doing this workout the last Friday in February, a full week before March started. The goal is at least three HIIT workouts per week without scrapping daily five minute yoga and 90 second planks on the off days. After getting comfortable with the current rotation of moves I'll see if mixing it up works for me or throws off the whole routine. After all, I am a delicate system who does not handle change easily.

HIIT workout with 30 second intervals with 15 second rests

burpees (lady in the video has great form!)
high plank alternating dumbell lifts
bent over delt-raises
squats with dumbells
lumberjacks, lifting to my right
lumberjacks, lifting to my left
rainbow lifts
tricep extension
scissor jumps
mountain climbers
crab kicks
skater jumps

All of those videos inspire me to improve my form! This is a fast and satisfying workout even when starting with five minutes of warm-up yoga and a one minute plank followed by five-ten minutes of cool-down yoga. YouTube, bless it, has timers that beep at different intervals so I don't have to juggle that while focusing on form. Let's see how the month goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

reactions to a novel

i "heart" alvin and the chipmunks

akkkkkkkk! the internet is killing me!!!!