Jibber

Goal Post #18 intention: reduce salt intake

My family is a salty bunch, literally and figuratively. Early in their relationship my mom actually stopped cooking with salt because of how liberally dad salted everything before tasting. My sweet tooth as a child kept me from identifying with dad's sodium obsession until suddenly in my twenties savory became my favorite flavor.

Right now, salt probably isn't hurting my health. After all, dad (who regularly snacked on saltines topped with cheddar cheese) didn't have to start taking blood pressure medication until he was well into his fifties. Plus, I am routinely accused by Nic of not salting enough when I cook. But, according to my fitness app, I often exceed the daily recommended intake. So I'm willing to take a moment to figure out how to reduce my intake.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

reactions to a novel

i "heart" alvin and the chipmunks

akkkkkkkk! the internet is killing me!!!!