Jabber

Goal Post #18 follow up

At the beginning of this month, I thought finding a primary suspect for extra salt intake was going to be easy. Potatoes are one of my favorite things and potato chips are almost the best form potatoes can take, besides french fries, tater tots, home fried, roasted or mashed potatoes. Did I mention I like potatoes? Just like trying to reduce sugar, instead of a blanket ban I started by focusing on limiting problem foods. In February this meant dessert, so this month it meant chips and other salty goodness.

Ten days in and I was at a loss. Even without my beloved spuds, my sodium intake stayed above average seven out of nine days. My approach clearly wasn't working. Attempting a more blanket approach limiting all foods that tend to be high in sodium was intimidating because that list gets looong, but it was worth a shot.

By the end of the month, I had tried, believe me, but I exceeded sodium intake fifteen out of thirty days. On the positive side, there were also exactly fifteen days I had good sodium intake levels and those numbers also represent a 4% decrease compared with days my salt was high in March. While not bad, this is hardly epic improvement.

This month isn't a failure or a success, it was an attempt. Trying things is how all of this started, and continuing to try is how I've slowly gained success in other areas. Here's to more attempts!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

reactions to a novel

i "heart" alvin and the chipmunks

akkkkkkkk! the internet is killing me!!!!